RPM 1 Carbon
Manual turntable with 8,6'' carbon tonearm
The entry into the RPM world
RPM 1 Carbon utilises a lot of innovations and enhancements: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. A completely new designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fibre, aluminium and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100 bar pressure, the arm tube rigidity is strenghtened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight.
The RPM 1 Carbon is available with or without Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. A super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject Connect it E phono cable is included.
In the box:
- RPM 1 Carbon (with or without Ortofon 2M Red)
- Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using felt mat
- 8,6” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic antiskating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Available with or without Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
- 3 high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
|Speed||33, 45 (manual speed change)|
|Drive principle||Belt drive|
|Platter||300 mm MDF|
|Mains bearing||Stainless steel axle with ceramic ball|
|Wow & flutter||33: +/- 0.27% I 45: +/- 0.1%|
|Speed drift||33: +/- 0.14% I 45: +/- 0.13%|
|Signal to noise||- 71dB|
|Tonearm||8.6” carbon; aluminium and resin|
|Effective arm length||218.5 mm|
|Effective arm mass||13.5 g|
|Tracking force||0 - 25mN|
|Included accessories||15 volts DC / 500 mA power supply|
|Power connection||110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby|
|Dimensions||380 x 110 x 350mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||3.8 kg net|
Definitely one of the best turntables in its price range
• The Pro-Ject RPM 1 playback of the old blues is first-class. The sound is differentiated and, at the same time, built on a solid and lush bass foundation. But the Pro-Ject RPM 1 is particularly impressive when it comes to placing the singer‘s voluminous, lush voice gigantically in the middle of the room.
• For the price range up to 500 euros, in which the Pro-Ject RPM 1 plays, there are no shortcomings.
• This inexpensive entry-level model is amazingly good at bass, treble, and space.
• Due to the increased precision, sound appears more differentiated and detailed in front of the dark bass background.
• The RPM 1 Carbon lives up to the demands placed on an innovative and committed manufacturer like Pro-Ject! This inexpensive turntable boasts a unique design and, the craftsmanship is flawless.