Klangtuning mit Plattenmatte
Sound tuning through replacement of platter mat!
Turntable mats have been always a big discussion how they influence the sound. The interaction between the record and the surface can be tracked very easily by the supersensitivity of a good pick up cartridge. Common felt mats give a smooth contact between record and platter but has the disadvantage with static. That means that feltmats often collect a lot of dust which can be then transfered to the record. Also the damping ability is very limited which can be a problem with metal platters. Thick rubbermats overdamp the record and have an isolation effect which leaves the static on the record and hearable noise clicks are the result. Leather and Cork are 2 different but very interesting options to upgrade the sound quality. Resonances are damped more effectively than felt, they keep dust away and they have also enough contactivity to avoid static. What is better depends on taste and the actual platter design.A very costeffectiv way to improve the sound and have less noise by static and dust. You can hear a difference!
- Alternative platter mats with special sound characteristcs
- Substitutes felt mats
- Damping of resonances from metal turntable platters
- Less noise
- Avoids static load
- Suitable for all turntables
- Perfect combined with Clamp it
Great value for the money
• There was an immediate lowering of the noise floor with the Cork-it in place.
• What the Cork it did, was to enhance the instrumental separation.
• There was more information coming from each individual instrument.
• Big thumbs up for the Cork-it – great value for the money. I loved it.