Pro-Ject‘s classic turntable design reimagined!
Real high-end features – True audiophile sound
The X1 is based on the same concept as the P1, but improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production methods. Inside it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system. In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors, thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
Supplied either with or without a brand new Pro-Ject Pick it S2 MM cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Pro-Ject, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on. The X1‘s 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish guarantee its luxury appearance.
In the box:
- X1 with or without Pick it S2 MM cartridge
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Round drive belt for 78 r.p.m.
- Power supply, allen key
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
|Speed||33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%|
|Wow & flutter||33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%|
|Platter||20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl|
|Main bearing||stainless steel/brass|
|Tonearm||8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich|
|Effective arm length||218,5 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||10,0g|
|Tracking force range||0 - 30mN|
|Included accessories||15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat|
|Power consumption||5,0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby|
|Dimensions||415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight|
AVTech media awarded the X1
More than just a worthy successor to the original, the X1 is a highly accomplished design in its own right.
hi-fi news reviews the X1
An accomplished design in its own right. It's pretty much there in terms of being the best value. More than just a worthy successor to the original.
Hi-Fi Choice reviews the X1
Excellent low-cost turntable package with an upbeat sound. Pro-Ject’s X1 is an impressive turntable package.
Stereo reviews the X1
In every sense a great turntable that assures many years of listening pleasure. No idea how many Pro-Jects have come to me in my reviewer life. And they have always romped around the best and often times even led in their price range. Pro-Ject shows how it's done.