RPM 9 Carbon
High-end turntable with 9“ Evo tonearm
Beautiful and clever design: Carbon surface & 7,2 kg platter
The RPM 9 Carbon uses a new extra heavy chassis which features a special CNC machined MDF plate that incorporates hard resin coated steel pellets to form an extra heavy precise sandwich construction. A special complex heat treatment and a carbon surface coating ensures superior low resonance levels. The mass-loaded chassis is effectively decoupled from its surface using magnetic feet. With two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The studs in the feet are only used for keeping them centered. Combined with a new special polished aluminium platter with internal TPE damping and a vinyl layer on top, the inverted ceramic main bearing delivers an absolute stable turntable speed with extra low rumble. The extra heavy outboard motor unit is equipped with a precise motor control and features a built-in switch between 33 & 45 rpm. Last but not least the non-compromise 9“ Evo tonearm with conical carbon-fibre armtube and inverted bearing design ensures perfect tracking, even with demanding cartridges.
The RPM 9 Carbon is available with or without Ortofon Quintet Bronze cartridge. Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring. Delivered with topgrade 5P phono cable „Connect it CC“ with RCA plugs (XLR as an option).
In the box:
- RPM 9 Carbon (with or without Ortofon Quintet Bronze)
- Connect it 5P-CC Phono Cable
- Record puck
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply, spirit level
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7,2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter with TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Outboard motor construction with massive steel base
- Pre-mounted 9“ Evolution tonearm
- 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs (XLR available as an option)
|Speed||33, 45 (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle||Belt drive|
|Platter||7.2 kg aluminium (300mm diameter)|
|Mains bearing||Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball/plate|
|Wow & flutter||33: +/- 0.60% I 45: +/- 0.60%|
|Speed drift||33: +/- 0.10% I 45: +/- 0.10%|
|Signal to noise||73dB|
|Tonearm||9” CC EVO carbon|
|Effective arm length||230 mm|
|Effective arm mass||8 g|
|Tracking force||0 - 35 mN|
|Included accessories||15 volts DC / 800 mA power supply|
|Power connection||110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||13 watt max / < 0.3 watt standby|
|Dimensions||440 x 180 x 325 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||16.5 kg net|
“I’m incredibly satisfied with this new setup.“
• I like the idea to have a stand-alone motor that is separate from the turntable chassis to eliminate rumble and noise.
• The adjustable VTA on the RPM 9 helped me a lot to achieve the sound signature that I was looking for.
• With the carbon tonearm the higher pitch voices were more free and open without compression.
• And I could spot a general level of smoothness and richer harmonics.
• The RPM 9 was able to read any LP in an elegant and effortless way.
A dramatic experience
• Pro-Ject’s heavy platter, large main bearing, and solid plinth worked together well to give strong dynamics, having speed and strength.
• Hand drums came over as cleanly fast; there was superb mid-band sound staging.
• The Pro-Ject showed itself to be clean and analytical, digging out a wealth of fine detail and placing it on a lavishly broad sound stage.
• Midband clarity and sharpness of sound stage imaging being vivid. It is highly analytical.
• The Pro-Ject RPM9 Carbon, with its external servo-motor, is strongly built, relying on a sturdy plinth with a large main bearing and massively heavy platter.
• The arm gave great mid-band insight.
• In all then, a sound that was deeply revealing, shining a spotlight onto all areas.
• A High-resolution, specialised silent turntable capable of forensic insight with revealing mid-band and fully balanced working.
The RPM 9 Carbon SuperPack, is an absolute no- brainer Pro-Ject offer!
• Sovereignty, a pitch-black background during quiet passages and pauses characterize his character. Or put more accurately: The Pro-Ject RPM 9 Carbon simply plays relaxed.
• It just seems to know how to do it, shaking the darkest tones out of his sleeve with appropriate darkness and sound pressure.
• The hell bells rang so powerfully and spaciously against a pitch-black background that it was almost eerie and somewhat creepily beautiful.
• When the guitar riffs and drums finally kicked in, there was pure enthusiasm. The RPM 9 demonstrated a great sense of rhythm. All instruments sound differentiated instead of suffocating in a carpet of noise. Even the smallest of sound structures, no matter how nuanced, was easy to follow – if you felt like analyzing.
• Classical music also impressed in terms of spaciousness, positioning and, timbre fidelity
• Strings and wind instruments came across as real and authentic in their timbres in a way I‘ve seldomly heard before.
• Subjectively, everything was just right! Instruments had “air to breathe” just enough space around them, and the depth was impressive. I tip my hat, sir!