Pick it S2 C
Concorde at its roots
Ortofon‘s Concorde series was highly acclaimed especially at professional DJ‘s. An often overlooked detail is, that it had its roots as a HiFi cartridge. That is exactly where we want to position it again. This special collaboration between Pro-Ject and Ortofon revealed this high value phono cartridge – Pick it S2 C!
Pick it S2 C: Cartridge par excellence
Suitable for all tonearms with SME union nut, Pick it S2 C is easily mounted and removed. The body of this system is held in elegante black looks. Pick it S2 C offers a thrilling and exciting sound, which oozes of details and high fidelity, it unveils unheard precision, dynamics and sound stage in this price range. With its 6 mV output voltage it is prepared for all weaker phono stages and DJ turntables. The SME connections enable the customer to mount Pick it S2 C within seconds. This offers you the freedom to install your favourite cartridges on any suitable tonearm in no time. You can exchange or upgrade the needle if needed, even for a higher grade one (like OM20/30). The Polycarbonate body provides high stiffness, which gives the sound its unrivalled dynamic character.
- Moving Magnet principle
- Simple and fast setup
- High output voltage
- Ideal for medium weight tonearms (15-20g)
- Very dynamic
- Suiteable for MM phono stages
- Needle can be exchanged if needed
- Robust Polycarbonate body
|Stylus tip radius
|20 - 22.000 Hz
|24dB @ 1kHz
|Tracking force range
|Recommended load resistance
|Recommended load capacitance
The Audiophile Man reviews the Pick it S2 C
An ideal choice and one that should quickly occupy the demo list.
real insider tip for a high-value MM system
• The Pick it S2 C dishes out even more than stated in the brochure: Instead of 6 millivolts, the AUDIO lab measured more than 7. That should get even insensitive phono stages up to speed.
• The presented dynamics should surprise even the snobbiest among high-enders.
• The new Concorde offshoot displays impressive high-fidelity virtues.