T1 Phono SB
New Generation Audiophile Entry Level Turntable
Built-in Phono Stage & Electronic Speed Switch – Made in Europe
The stylish CNC-machined plinth of the T1 features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design. Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system. In the T1 the motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing. The tonearm new tonearm has an effective length of 8.6”. This one-piece aluminium tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. The T1 comes with a pre-adjusted Ortofon OM 5E Moving Magnet cartridge and is ready to use right out of the box. Also super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables are included.
Compared to the base T1-model, the Phono SB version includes a built-in, Pro-Ject designed, high-quality phono MM stage and an electronic speed switch between 33 and 45 RPM. For the drive system, where most alternative products may use unregulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 Phono SB features our proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor.
In the box:
- T1 Phono SB with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge
- Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Precision belt-drive with accurately regulated speed stability and electronic 33/45 RPM speed change
- Built-in switchable phono stage - no external phono preamp required
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC‘d heavy full chassis: NO hollow spaces, NO plastic
- Ortofon OM5e moving magnet pickup
- 8,6“ highly precise and light aluminium tonearm
- Low friction, vibration free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated headshell
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Elegant dustcover with adjustable hinges
- Available in High-Gloss Black, Matt White and Walnut
- Hand-made in Europe
|Speed||33,45 (electronic speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.7% 45: 0.6%|
|Wow & Flutter||33: 0.25% 45: 0.23%|
|Platter||Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat|
|Main bearing||Stainless steel/brass|
|Signal to noise||65dB|
|Effective arm length||218.5 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||8.0 g|
|Counterweight for mass||5 - 10g (pre-mounted)|
|Tracking force range||0 - 50mN (17.5 mN pre-adjusted)|
|Outputs||RCA Phono/Line (switchable)|
|Included accessories||dustcover, feltmat, high quality Connect it E RCA Phono cable|
|Built-in Power Supply||110 - 240V/50, 60Hz; 15 V DC 800mA|
|Power consumption||4.5 Watt max|
|Dimensions||415x100x335 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||3.8 kg net|
“The Pro-Ject surprised me – it sounds better.“
U.S.A., 01. 2022
• The glass platter is quite nice.
• The machining is done to close tolerances – very nice.
• The adjustable hinges on the dustcover are kind of nice.
• The integrated phono preamp in here is good.
• The Pro-Ject sounded the best out of all 3 of them.
• Pro-Ject has gone to great lengths to eliminate areas that will add additional resonances or vibrations with this table – and I can hear it!
• The foundation of this table is better than that of other tables with the OM 5E cartridge.
The Pro-Ject sounded like it had bit more soul
• There’s no doubt about it John it looks attractive.
• A little bit better a little bit sharper a bit more detail in there.
• I think the Pro-Ject’s got a slightly better sound.
• The Pro-Ject has ever so slightly the edge.
• In summary though I think the Pro-Ject just stole it – it had a warm more approachable sound.
• One turntable has ticked all the boxes: the Pro-Ject – Its sensibly priced, stylish, easy to set up an d most importantly offers the best sound.
The T1 Phono SB is an easy recommendation
• It quickly became clear that the T1 could deliver rocking energy with aplomb.
• The T1 Phono SB, which had no problem matching liveliness and potent drive.
• Piano sounded round and full and certainly didn’t lack body.
• The Pro-Ject was adept at portraying differences in recording quality – something I associate with any component I can enjoy over the long term.
• The ’table reproduced a large, open soundstage of considerable height.
• The T1 Phono SB did a nice job of capturing vocals – they sounded natural at the front of my room.
• Vitality was reproduced by the T1 Phono SB with incredible energy and liveliness.
• Not once was I disappointed. I was downright impressed.