T1 Phono SB
New Generation Audiophile Entry Level Turntable
Built-in Phono Stage & Electronic Speed Switch – Made in Europe
The stylish CNC-machined plinth of the T1 features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design. Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system. In the T1 the motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing. The tonearm new tonearm has an effective length of 8.6”. This one-piece aluminium tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. The T1 comes with a pre-adjusted Ortofon OM 5E Moving Magnet cartridge and is ready to use right out of the box. Also super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables are included.
Compared to the base T1-model, the Phono SB version includes a built-in, Pro-Ject designed, high-quality phono MM stage and an electronic speed switch between 33 and 45 RPM. For the drive system, where most alternative products may use unregulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 Phono SB features our proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor.
In the box:
- T1 Phono SB with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge
- Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Precision belt-drive with accurately regulated speed stability and electronic 33/45 RPM speed change
- Built-in switchable phono stage - no external phono preamp required
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC‘d heavy full chassis: NO hollow spaces, NO plastic
- Ortofon OM5e moving magnet pickup
- 8,6“ highly precise and light aluminium tonearm
- Low friction, vibration free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated headshell
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Elegant dustcover with adjustable hinges
- Available in High-Gloss Black, Matt White and Walnut
- Hand-made in Europe
|33,45 (electronic speed change)
|33: 0.7% 45: 0.6%
|Wow & Flutter
|33: 0.25% 45: 0.23%
|Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat
|Signal to noise
|Effective arm length
|Effective tonearm mass
|Counterweight for mass
|5 - 10g (pre-mounted)
|Tracking force range
|0 - 50mN (17.5 mN pre-adjusted)
|RCA Phono/Line (switchable)
|dustcover, feltmat, high quality Connect it E RCA Phono cable
|Built-in Power Supply
|110 - 240V/50, 60Hz; 15 V DC 800mA
|4.5 Watt max
|415x100x335 mm (WxHxD)
|3.8 kg net
EISA Best Product 2020 – 2021
Pro-Ject has been building turntables for around 30 years and has virtually reinvented the market of quality-oriented budget turntables with the first Pro-Ject 1 and the later debut models. The T1 may be considered the current interpretation of this line and audiophile analog package with top sound at a low price. Pro-Ject offers versions from the absolute basic to versions with integrated phono preamplifier or wireless Bluetooth transmission. Always on board are the sturdy chassis, a high-precision bearing for the glass platter, and the newly developed aluminum tonearm made from one piece. Thus, the T1 achieves an extremely balanced, detailed sound image, where Ortofon's ready-made pre-installed MM pickup OM5E underlines the plug-and-play approach.
Hifi Pig reviews the T1 Phono SB
The Pro-Ject T1 SB Phono is versatile and very easy to install in a number of different systems, from a
beginner‘s first Hifi to something more advancecd. Definitely something I will consider buying for his first system in his room.
See more at: https://hifipig.com/pro-ject-t1-phono-sb-turntable/
“Another triumph of superb quality for the price. Bravo.”
• There’s a strong sense of balance, with a tight, well-rounded bass response without being too overpowering. Each instrument is easy to place within the soundstage and the delivery is confident and dynamic.
• I did get a sense of added focus and depth.
• The turntable definitely feels more solid to operate; the added weight really does make a great deal of difference.