Power Box RS Amp
Linear power supply
Linear Power supply that delivers more power and further improves audio quality!
Linear power supply consists of a big toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding which acts as an isolation transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into amplifier. This transformer has a big power reserve, compared to a standard power adaptor. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage required power of one stereo amplifier or two mono amplifiers. Advice: To avoid magnetic interference do not stack amplifier and Power Box RS Amp!
As every amplifier, also digital ones, are sensitive for good quality of energy they are powered with. It is proven by extensive listening tests, that linear power supplies improve the sound of digital amplifiers significantly. This is what all well known high-end manufacturers already realised. Therefore Power Box RS Amp offers a big sound upgrade at an affordable price!
- Suitable for Pro-Ject Audio Systems power amplifiers
- Replaces original “switching” power supplies
- Almost double amplifier power output combined with Amp Box RS, Amp Box DS & Stereo Box RS (2x 200/120 watts 4/8 ohms)
- Significant sound improvement with better dynamic and bass response, improved soundstage
- Compatible with Amp Box RS, Amp Box RS Mono, Stereo Box RS but also with Amp Box DS or Amp Box DS Mono
- Big toroidal transformer with copper shielding
- Very low output impedance
- Filtration capability 40.000 uF capacitors low ESR types
- Available in silver or black
|Input voltage||AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector|
|(120V/60Hz US version)|
|Output voltage||Two outputs by 2 x 48V / 2.5A DC each|
|Filtration capacity||40.000 µF|
|Output voltage ripple||7mV|
|Power consumption||600 Watts max|
|Dimensions W x H x D||201 x 72 x 195 mm|
Yes. Power Box RS Amp is quite sensitive on influence of power cable quality. Try to connect it with ordinary cable and then check it with Connect It Power cable. On high resolution systems with CD Box RS and Pre Box RS digital, the better cable offers better separation of instruments and better localization.