Power Box DS3 Sources
Cleanest power for ultimate sound!
It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed our linear power supply Power Box DS3 Sources. It significantly enhances the sound quality of up to six Box Design components, like streamers, CD players, pre-amplifiers and also offers the possibility to connect a DC-driven turntable.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component. Six standard connection cables are included in delivery. Special highend shielded connection cables in these lengths are available on request: 0,82m, 1.23m, 1.85m.
The following interconnect cables are supplied in box:
2 x 9V (1.3mm connector)
3 x 18V (2.5mm connector)
1 x 15V (2.1mm connector) – to connect a DC driven Pro-Ject Audio Systems turntable.*
*ATTENTION: NOT SUITABLE for the following turntables: X8, Xtension 9, Xtension 10, Xtension 12, RPM 9, RPM 10 and the models of Signature line, with high power consumption and a heavy, mass loaded, platter. For these turntables we recommend the Power Box RS2 Phono or Power Box RS Uni TT. Higher end power cables Connect it Power with superior shielding and transmission are also available for Power Box DS3 Sources!
- All-in-one power supply capable of 6 components
- Cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- 5 Box Design component & 1 turntable power output
- Not suitable for integrated & power amplifiers
- Soft-start-system: no current-inrush
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 μF)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection
- Rigid aluminium casing protects against interference
- Available in black or silver
- Magnetic wooden side panels available separately
- Made in Europe
|Output voltage / current (socket diameter):
|2 x 9V / 2A max (1,3mm)
|3 x 18V / 1A max (2.5mm)
|1 x 15V / DC-turntable (2.1mm)
|Output voltage ripple:
|Dimensions W x H x D:
|206 x 71 x 209 mm (with sockets)