EVO CA Premium Tonearms
Top of the line high end tonearms
The next generation in 9, 10 and 12 inch
The tonearm is one of the most important parts of a turntable and therefore not only influences, but also shapes the sound in a specific way. We did in-depth listening tests with different bearing types, tonearm materials and also cartridge combinations to develop the sound we are looking for.
What you need to know
The new Premium EVO tonearm uses an inverted cardanic Swiss ABEC 7 quality bearing with 4 stainless steel tips. This bearing type is very stable and low friction, which guarantees a clear tracking. This results in a detailed and open sound stage. All the microinformation from the groove is preserved. The bearing sits in a heavyweight stainless steel housing, which provides the needed stability.
For the EVO Premium CA tonearm tube, we go for a hybrid solution. The outer tube is machined out of one-piece carbon fiber, which is lightweight and strong at the same time. Inside the carbon tube is a not visible aluminium tube which helps to damp vibrations. We use the best characteristics of both materials. Not only the materials, also the shape is well-thought-out. If you look closely, you can see that the arm tube has a conical shape, which means it gets thinner. This design avoids standing wave reflections. The arm tube is fixed by a single screw to allow rotation for an easy azimuth adjustment.
The tonearm height can be continuously adjusted by loosening the two grub screws. It gives you the option of adapting the tonearm to height changes to always achieve the best sound quality. Setting and experimenting with the VTA & Azimuth is crucial in extracting every last bit of performance out of your cartridges.
- PREMIUM High purity silver inner wiring
- PREMIUM Heavy stainless steel bearing block
- PREMIUM Massive inner tonearm bearing design of solid ring type
- PREMIUM Inverted Swiss ABEC 7 quality 4 stainless steel tips in cardanic ball bearings - highest selection
- PREMIUM High precision CNC machined
- PREMIUM Carbon-aluminium sandwich tube construction
- PREMIUM New TPE damped counterweight design
- Outside ring is open to prevent bell-mode resonances
- Shiny aluminium parts polished by hand
- Accurate azimuth and VTA adjustment
- Silicone-damped arm lift can be adjusted to suit arm height
- Available as CA Black & CA HG version in 9, 10 and 12 inch
- Made in Europe
|Effective tonearm lenght:||304,8 mm (12"), 254 mm (10"), 230 mm (9")|
|Mounting distance:||291,6 mm (12"), 238 mm (10"), 212 mm (9")|
|Offset angle:||18° (12"), 21,4° (10"), 24° (9")|
|Overhang:||13,2 mm (12"), 16 mm (10"), 18 mm (9")|
|Pitch of mounting grooves in headshell:||12,7 mm (12"), 12,7 mm (10"), 12,7 mm (9")|
|Effective tonearm mass:||20,4 g (12"), 16,6 g (10"), 15,5 g (9")|
|Cartridge weight:||7-20 g (12"), 5-18 g (10"), 7-18 g (9")|
|The range of the tracking force:||0 - 3 g (12"), 0 - 3 g (10"), 0 - 3 g (9")|
|The minimal null point:||125 mm (12"), 126,8 mm (10"), 130,6 mm (9")|
|The maximal null point:||251,7 mm (12"), 248,2 mm (10"), 243,7 mm (9")|
|Tonearm weight (without flange):||520g (12"), 512g (10"), 506g (9")|