Our 30 years anniversary turntable
After the Debut Carbon EVO revolutionized the Debut series in 2020, the Debut PRO raises the bar even higher. We designed not only a new turntable but also a completely new cartridge. Now, for the 30th anniversary, we are again going back to our roots.
Welcome to the deep end
A milestone for the next decades
The Debut PRO brings an absolutely new design to Pro-Ject turntables. The audiophile turntable is convincing in all respects – not only visually, but more importantly also in terms of sound.
The precision CNC milled parts are optically perfectly coordinated and lead the Debut PRO to its modern simple, elegant and unprecedented design. The nickel finish of all these aluminium components result in a hard, resistant surface. This process enables us to produce very high-quality and sustainable components and avoid plastics and similar materials that continue to age over time and would more importantly also degrade sound quality.
The tonearm bearing is a completely new design. Precision CNC'd out of a single block of aluminium, you can see all the production stages above. The last step is putting a nickel finish on it. This will increase the rigidity of the bearing, ensuring free and fluid movement of the tonearm and precise tracking without material degration in looks or function.
A throne for your records
The electronically regulated synchronous motor drives the platter and guarantees the most accurate and stable speeds. Change between them easily with the toggle switch. With the supplied round belt for 78 rpm you can also listen to your shellac records.
A new platter – a deeper dish
The new Debut PRO platter is a first on any Pro-Ject turntable. It features a notch for the record label and together with our Record Puck PRO (available separately) the puck's weight will press your record tightly against the platter. The die-cast aluminium platter is reworked and precision balanced in an extra step to obtain an evenly spinning platter. It is anti-magnetic, allowing MC cartridges to work properly. Delve deep into the vast upgrade path the Debut PRO has to offer!
The anti-magnetic heavy aluminium platter has a ring made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) on the inside that helps to dampen all resonances and minimizes wow and flutter. Our seperately available Record Puck PRO provides an extra level of damping and stability, so it is the perfect add-on for the Debut PRO.
The new Debut PRO features a one-piece carbon-aluminium sandwich tonearm. The carbon layer gives the tonearm a high degree of rigidity, while the inner aluminium tube takes over the damping of the tonearm. This makes the tonearm perfect to be upgraded with higher-end MC cartridges!
Azimuth & VTA Adjustment
The newly designed tonearm base allows you to adjust both the azimuth and the vertical tracking angle (VTA). The tonearm height can be continuously adjusted by loosening the two grub screws. These settings give you the option of adapting the tonearm to height changes allowing the use of different turntable mats or other cartridges to always achieve the best sound quality. Setting and experimenting with the VTA & Azimuth is crucial in extracting every last bit of performance out of your cartridges.
Pick it PRO
Lively and robust sound
The perfect combination of components is the key to achieve the great sound of the Pick it PRO.
The nickel finish of the aluminium components results in a hard, resistant surface.
Carbon Aluminium Sandwich
This super stiff and uniquely dampened tonearm ensures perfect tracking of the record groove.
VTA & Azimuth
The Debut PRO comes with fully adjustable Azimuth & VTA. It offers you the possibility to modify your turntable as you want it.
High precision motor control
The playback speeds are electronically controlled with precision, which guarantees the most accurate and stable music reproduction. Change between speeds easily with the toggle switch.
Complete new design
The precision CNC milled and nickel coated tonearm bearing parts are completely new and designed just for the PRO.
TPE damped & anti magnetic
The heavy aluminium platter has a ring made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) on the inside that helps to dampen all resonances and minimizes wow and flutter.
Damped & height adjustable
The three height adjustable damped aluminium feet guarantee the perfect stand & massively reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
|Speed:||33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle:||belt drive with electronic speed control|
|Platter:||300mm, die cast aluminium platter with TPE damping and felt mat|
|Platter bearing:||high precision stainless steel axle in bronze bushing|
|Wow & flutter:||33: +/-0,16%; 45: +/-0,14%|
|Speed drift:||33: +/-0,40%; 45: +/-0,50%|
|Signal to noise:||68dB|
|Tonearm:||8,6” one-piece carbon-aluminium tonearm|
|Effective arm length/mass:||218,5 mm / 10,0 g|
|Included accessories:||15V DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover, 78 RPM round belt, 7‘‘ single adapter|
|Power consumption:||4W / 0W standby|
|Dimensions:||415 x 113 x 320mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight:||6 kg net|
Best turntable 2022
• Created in order to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the undisputed turntable's worldwide leader, this vinyl player shines.[pdf]
“The LP sounded so much better on the PRO.”
• The lower inductance, in combination with good phono inputs, provides a higher bandwidth, more balanced high-frequency response and better dynamics.
• The PRO sounds louder and more direct.
• Keeps harmonics more cleanly under control, creating not only more presence and dynamics, but also more harmony.
• The spatial distribution seems more exact and, because of this precision, more generous.
• Drums have noticeably more punch via the PRO, vocals more articulation.
• Overall, the sound simply has more color, presence and power.[pdf]
“Puts many more expensive models to shame“
• Finally I have heard a turntable that does not pretend to be warm, that does not fake precise mass construction, but plays holistically, evenly.
• No matter what record we listen to, no matter what pressing we throw at it, this Austrian turntable will play it very, very well, evenly and naturally.
• There was rhythm, space, a sense of "contact" with the performers – and that's what music reproduction is all about, direct access to the artists.
• Its low bass is soft, in a pleasant way, goes surprisingly deep.
• It's a soft, but naturally mellow bass, which is why the turntable reproduces rhythm perfectly.
• We can hear a sweetening in the treble, a kind of smoothing of the touch.
• However, the compromise between detail and saturation seems excellent to me.
• The Pro-Ject DEBUT PRO is one of the most interesting entry-level turntables I've heard in a long time. It has a tonally balanced sound, but at the same time it has "something", that is, it does not kill the emotions contained in the recordings.
• Pro-Ject has created a complete turntable that plays with excellent, well thought-out sound and puts many more expensive models to shame with its liveliness and naturalness.
• The turntable receives a RED Fingerprint Award from us.