Our 30 years anniversary turntable
After the Debut Carbon EVO revolutionized the Debut series in 2020, the Debut PRO raises the bar even higher. We designed not only a new turntable but also a completely new cartridge. Now, for the 30th anniversary, we are again going back to our roots.
Welcome to the deep end
A milestone for the next decades
The Debut PRO brings an absolutely new design to Pro-Ject turntables. The audiophile turntable is convincing in all respects – not only visually, but more importantly also in terms of sound.
The precision CNC milled parts are optically perfectly coordinated and lead the Debut PRO to its modern simple, elegant and unprecedented design. The nickel finish of all these aluminium components result in a hard, resistant surface. This process enables us to produce very high-quality and sustainable components and avoid plastics and similar materials that continue to age over time and would more importantly also degrade sound quality.
The tonearm bearing is a completely new design. Precision CNC'd out of a single block of aluminium, you can see all the production stages above. The last step is putting a nickel finish on it. This will increase the rigidity of the bearing, ensuring free and fluid movement of the tonearm and precise tracking without material degration in looks or function.
A throne for your records
The electronically regulated synchronous motor drives the platter and guarantees the most accurate and stable speeds. Change between them easily with the toggle switch. With the supplied round belt for 78 rpm you can also listen to your shellac records.
A new platter – a deeper dish
The new Debut PRO platter is a first on any Pro-Ject turntable. It features a notch for the record label and together with our Record Puck PRO (available separately) the puck's weight will press your record tightly against the platter. The die-cast aluminium platter is reworked and precision balanced in an extra step to obtain an evenly spinning platter. It is anti-magnetic, allowing MC cartridges to work properly. Delve deep into the vast upgrade path the Debut PRO has to offer!
The anti-magnetic heavy aluminium platter has a ring made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) on the inside that helps to dampen all resonances and minimizes wow and flutter. Our seperately available Record Puck PRO provides an extra level of damping and stability, so it is the perfect add-on for the Debut PRO.
The new Debut PRO features a one-piece carbon-aluminium sandwich tonearm. The carbon layer gives the tonearm a high degree of rigidity, while the inner aluminium tube takes over the damping of the tonearm. This makes the tonearm perfect to be upgraded with higher-end MC cartridges!
Azimuth & VTA Adjustment
The newly designed tonearm base allows you to adjust both the azimuth and the vertical tracking angle (VTA). The tonearm height can be continuously adjusted by loosening the two grub screws. These settings give you the option of adapting the tonearm to height changes allowing the use of different turntable mats or other cartridges to always achieve the best sound quality. Setting and experimenting with the VTA & Azimuth is crucial in extracting every last bit of performance out of your cartridges.
Pick it PRO
Lively and robust sound
The perfect combination of components is the key to achieve the great sound of the Pick it PRO.
The nickel finish of the aluminium components results in a hard, resistant surface.
Carbon Aluminium Sandwich
This super stiff and uniquely dampened tonearm ensures perfect tracking of the record groove.
VTA & Azimuth
The Debut PRO comes with fully adjustable Azimuth & VTA. It offers you the possibility to modify your turntable as you want it.
High precision motor control
The playback speeds are electronically controlled with precision, which guarantees the most accurate and stable music reproduction. Change between speeds easily with the toggle switch.
Complete new design
The precision CNC milled and nickel coated tonearm bearing parts are completely new and designed just for the PRO.
TPE damped & anti magnetic
The heavy aluminium platter has a ring made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) on the inside that helps to dampen all resonances and minimizes wow and flutter.
Damped & height adjustable
The three height adjustable damped aluminium feet guarantee the perfect stand & massively reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
|Speed:||33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle:||belt drive with electronic speed control|
|Platter:||300mm, die cast aluminium platter with TPE damping and felt mat|
|Platter bearing:||high precision stainless steel axle in bronze bushing|
|Wow & flutter:||33: +/-0,16%; 45: +/-0,14%|
|Speed drift:||33: +/-0,40%; 45: +/-0,50%|
|Signal to noise:||68dB|
|Tonearm:||8,6” one-piece carbon-aluminium tonearm|
|Effective arm length/mass:||218,5 mm / 10,0 g|
|Included accessories:||15V DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover, 78 RPM round belt, 7‘‘ single adapter|
|Power consumption:||4W / 0W standby|
|Dimensions:||415 x 113 x 320mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight:||6 kg net|
“’Entry level’ has a new champion“
• You will have this turntable fully optimised for your system in no time.
• Even in stock form, the Debut PRO joins the best sub-£1,000 front-end combos.
• This extracts all the weight of ultra-expressive lower registers.
• The Debut PRO is a more-than-competent deliverer of richness in all areas.
• Speed and attack are as much about the experience as the fluidity, however mutually exclusive the two might seem. The Debut PRO – and, for that matter, the Pick it PRO – manage to balance the two.
• ‘Coherent’ replaces ‘competent’ in our summation as this deck certainly earns its suffix, ‘PRO’ being less of a conceit and more a statement of intent.
• The Pick it PRO extracts each of the three voices in their own sonic turf, blending them with such authority that we end up digging out a copy on open-reel tape for comparison purposes.
• The most staggering part of the Debut PRO is the solidity and extension of the bass.
“One of my top turntable choices under £1000“
• The low noise from this turntable was remarkable.
• I found the PRO’s midrange to be super smooth – almost romantic in its approach – no grit or harshness in the mid-band at all.
• The soundstage was wider and more open.
• I could more easily follow the fingerpicks of the guitar, which were delicate, quiet and quiet and subtle in their presentation.
• Bass is handled well by the PRO in its naturalistic manner.
• The PRO leaves nothing in the groove – no detail is lost here.
• The Pro-Ject Pick it PRO sound offers more Ortofon SPU-like sound.
• The PRO has some extra weight in the lower frequency region.
Best Product 2021