The New CD Box S3
The CD Box S3 is our first product of the new S3 line. In contrast to DVD or Blu-ray Disc players, a pure CD player is frequently better in playback of stereo CDs. The drive in the CD Box S3 enables 1:1 bit-accurate CD playback. The new DAC chip provides the best digital analog conversion with a bit depth & sampling rate up to 32bit/384kHz. The slot in mechanism smoothly draws in the CD and after a few seconds it is ready to play.
Analog & Digital
We provide you both
Use the internal DAC & connect your CD Box S3 with the RCA Line output to any preamp. For even more versatility, the S/PDIF coaxial output can feed an external DAC.
True Red Book
Digital Audio Compact Discs (CDDA)
The drive is specifically optimized for 1:1 playback of the Red Book CDDA standard. It is put in a fully aluminium torsion-resistant cabinet.
With colour inversion function
The new display shows you all relevant information you need to enjoy your favourite CDs.
Easily control the CD Box with the supplied remote control. With the Control it RS/DS (available separately) you can control all your Pro-Ject devices with one remote.
|Supports:||Red Book CD-DA|
|Digital output:||1 x S/PDIF coaxial|
|Analog output:||1x pair RCA|
|Output level:||2,0 Vrms / 0dBFS|
|Frequency response:||20Hz - 20kHz, ± 0,15dB|
|THD (analog output):||0,005% / 1kHz|
|THD (digital output):||0,001% / 1kHz|
|Noise floor:||> -120dB / 20Hz – 20kHz|
|Power supply:||9V/2A DC, suitable for your country|
|Power consumption:||250 - 1500mA DC, <0,5W in Stand-By|
|Battery remote control:||1 x CR2032 / 3V or 1 x CR2025 / 3V|
|Dimensions WxHxD:||206 x 55 x 153 (160 incl. sockets) mm|
|Weight:||1330g without power supply|
“Turns in a creditable performance“
• It’s all neat, well-constructed and seems built to last a long time.
• I found the S3 to be detailed and communicative.
• I was impressed by how much percussive information could be retrieved.
• The stereo image was very good given the S3’s modest price.
• The gimmick-free and refreshingly easy-to-use CD Box S3 proves there’s life in the old format yet.
• The slot-loading drive performed impeccably and the S3’s neat and unobtrusive form factor should win its friends too.
• It’s difficult not to like this little player, which will give many a chance to rediscover their CDs.
“The CD Box S3 felt like a high-resolution experience.”
• Exceptional and really joyous to hear as I dove into my vast collection of standard Red Book CDs old and new.
• I always wanted to hear more impact to the drum thwacks for example, and they thumped with authority through the CD Box S3.
• Instrumentation is very well defined and spacious within the sonic imaging coming through the CD Box S3, something that struck me with virtually every CD I popped in.
• That nuanced rendering enabled me to enjoy the feeling of hearing CDs anew.
• The Pro-Ject unit held it's own producing cleanly and clearly at high volumes.
• He ordinarily uses a CD player that cost nearly twice as much as the CD Box S3, and like I noted the Pro-Ject added subtle details underscoring songs.
• In analog and digital setups, the thought I kept having while listening was that the CD Box S3 felt like a high-resolution experience.
• Full, detailed, dynamic presentation with great spaciousness, definition, and imaging; ultra-compact size.
“Does not need to hide from more expensive CD players”
• It is wonderfully small (20 × 5 × 16.5cm), impresses with the typical, very well-made Pro-Ject aluminum dress, and its equipment or its range of functions should not pose any problems for anyone.
• Measurement-wise, the S3 convinces. Distortions play no role at all.
• In the listening room, the impression was confirmed that the CD Box S3 plays music wonderfully smoothly and lively is very accurate and doesn’t need to hide from more expensive CD players.
• So inconspicuous, so good: pretty, affordable CD player with basic feature-set and very good sound.