CD Box DS3 - a high end CD player
The CD Box DS3 introduces our completely new DS3 line. We picked the best features of its predecessors and added the Texas Instruments PCM1796 DAC to provide you the perfect CD player with all the features you really need. Easily control the CD player with the buttons on the front, or with the supplied remote control and the high contrast dot-matrix display shows you all relevant information you need to enjoy your favourite CDs.
A perfect resonance derivative
Three soft points isolate the drive from external vibration and one hard point leads high frequent vibration caused by the fast movement of the laser into the massive chassis.
True Red Book
Digital Audio Compact Discs (CDDA)
The drive is specifically optimized for 1:1 playback of the Red Book CDDA standard. Pure CD players are, in contrast to DVD or Bluray Disc players, frequently better in playback of stereo CDs.
Analog & Digital
We provide you both
Use the internal TI PCM1796 DAC & connect your CD Box with the RCA Line output to any preamp. For even more versatility, the S/PDIF coaxial & optical output can feed an external DAC.
Easily control the CD Box with the supplied remote control. With the Control it RS/DS (available separately) you can control all your Pro-Ject devices with one remote.
|Supports:||Red Book CD-DA|
|Line-level output:||1 pair RCA|
|Digital outputs:||1 x optical TOSlink®, 1 x co-axial (S/PDIF)|
|Frequency response:||20Hz - 20kHz/ ± 0,15dB|
|Noise floor:||>105dBA / 20Hz – 20kHz|
|THD (analog output):||<0,018%|
|THD (digital output):||<0,005%|
|Line Level Output voltage:||2 Vrms / 0dBFS|
|Power supply:||18V/1A DC, suitable for your country|
|Power consumption:||300 - 600mA DC, <0,5W in standby|
|Battery remote control:||1xCR2032 / 3V or 1xCR2025 / 3V|
|Dimensions WxHxD:||206 x 72 x 194 (200 incl. sockets) mm|
|Weight:||1660 g without power supply|
“Gives a touch of musicality and life to any CD I played.“
• The DS3 is a different animal. The first thing that caught my ear was the sound stage – this was huge. Beautiful musicality smooth and easy to listen – incredible pleasure for my ears.
• Bass was solid playing incredibly deep – not aggressive or punchy but warm and balanced giving good tonality to the instruments and voices.
• On the DS3, I got the smoothness I was looking for. What I really appreciate about the DS3 is the sense of air around the instruments and voices. The room was filled with music and life.
• The imaging and the sound stage on the DS3 was better – the difference was in the sound stage that was wider.
• The DS3 has great dynamics – I really enjoyed the crescendo and bass drums in classical music.
“It sounded really, really good.“
• As for actually using the machine – it was a pleasure.
• The display is very large, very easy to read.
• The slot loading mechanism worked flawlessly, smoothly, quietly.
• It just had more get up and go, the bass punch was better.
• Tonally it just sounded more fleshed out – more body to the sound.
• It was doing a better job connecting me with the music.
• The subtle shifts, the dynamics were better played on the Pro-ject.