Speaker Box 5
2-way bookshelf speakers
Audiophile 2-way monitor speaker using bass reflex system, tight and clear bass, reflex port on back side, outstanding value for money, ideal for use with other Box Design components.
And these are comments from audio testers:
- Well tuned and upbeat basslines
- Lively dynamics
- Surprisingly low coloration
- Good transparency and reasonable image depth
- Bass is fast and tuneful, this is what really matters!
- Audiophile bass-reflex design
- Glossy lacquer finish in 3 colours
- Recommended amplifier power 10 to 150 watts
- Magnetically shielded
- Front cover with magnetic attachment
- Frequency response 55Hz - 20kHz
- Gold-plated speaker terminal (single-wired)
- Simple Wall-mount included
- White speaker grill optionally available
- Speaker-Box Wall Bracket available as an option
|Sensitivity (1W/1m)||86 dB|
|Recommended amplifier power||10 to 150 watts|
|Tweeter||25 mm Ø silk-dome|
|Woofer||130 mm Ø fiberglass cone|
|Frequency response||55 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Impedance||4 - 8 Ohms|
|Dimensions W x H x D||160 x 255 x 210 mm|
Hificritic: Speaker Box 5 is grouptest winner
Conclusion: A clear winner in this group test, this small speaker amazed our listeners with its exuberant musicality! The bass is fast, lean and free of boom, while the midrange is detailed, articulate and revealing. In it’s luxury piano gloss finish, it’s great value for money, too!
The horizontal mounting holes on the rear are located in a distance of 35mm to each other.
Yes, we recommend to operate them without covers, as the delicate treble can spread absolutely freely. Our almost acoustically transparent speaker grilles only serve as protection against outer influences (e.g. pets).
Yes, for Speaker Box 5, we offer an optional grill in white - Grilles SB-5 white. However, we recommend the operation without speaker grilles, because they only serve as protection of the speakers.