Debut Carbon EVO
Time for Evolution. We have taken our most popular
turntable design and improved every aspect of it.
The result is an incredibly refined product.
Refined in every aspect.
Improved motor suspension
The Debut Carbon EVO features our new designed motor suspension. We have improved the old design to consistently reduce the vibrations better than before.
Damped & height adjustable
The new Debut Carbon Evo stands on three height adjustable damped aluminium feet to guarantee the perfect stand.
1,7 kg Platter
Heavy steel and TPE damped
We added a TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) ring on the inside of the platter. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
High precision motor control
The rocker switch on the bottom of the turntable allows you to change speeds with the push of only a single button.
Damped from the inside
Our previous metal platter was already heavier than anybody else‘s on the market, but metal platters inherently have a disadvantage: resonance.
Our TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) technology now helps to damp the resonance completely and also increases the weight to 1,7 kg. Because the TPE is mounted to the inside of the platter‘s rim, the moving energy will also create a flywheel effect. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
Clean look & new colours
You wont find any button, switch or printing on the plinth to ensure the luxurious aesthetics. The speed control switch has been moved to the bottom of the plinth, to keep the clean look the Debut is known for.
The Debut Carbon EVO is not only timeless by offering traditional high-gloss black, white and red finishes or our fabled real-wood walnut veneer. Completely new, unique and trend-setting are the beautifully realized satin signature finishes in 5 different variations.
From the record to your amplifier.
Ortofon 2M Red
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth. (*US Version comes with Sumiko Rainier)
8,6 inch carbon
The new Debut Carbon EVO features the proven 8,6‘‘ one piece Carbon tonearm design. The super stiff, but lightweight tonearm delivers an insane sound quality with a convincing sound stage.
Gold plated sockets
You can always change your RCA output cable and upgrade it with your preffered one. The gold plated connectors will always provide the best connection.
Semi-balanced RCA cable
To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp you will find a high-quality phono RCA cable in the box. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
Choose your finish.
|Nominal speeds||33/45 r.p.m.. *** 78 r.p.m. optional|
|Speed variance||33: ±0.50% 45: ±0.60%|
|Wow and flutter||33: ±0.17% 45: ±0.15%|
|Signal to noise||68dB|
|Effective tonearm mass||6g|
|Effective tonearm length||8.6 " ( 218.5 mm)|
|Power consumption||4 W/ 0 W in Stand-By|
|Outboard power supply||15V / 0 – 0.8 mA DC (set at 0.5 mA), universal power supply|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||415 x 118 x 320 mm, dust cover open 415 x 365 x 405mm|
|Dimensions packaging (W x H x D)||488 x 235 x 393 mm|
|Weight incl. packaging||8.0kg|
|MM-Cartridge Ortofon 2M Red:|
|Recommended load impedance||47kohms/amplifier connection – MM-input|
|Compliance/stylus type||20µm/mN – elliptical|
|Recommended tracking force||17.5mN|
The best turntable
• Even by the strictest standards, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO has no apparent flaws and is easily recommended for both entry-level hi-fi systems and expensive kits alike.
• The turntable itself has good upgrade potential – you can change the platter or cartridge to improve its sound quality in the future.
• I haven‘t been following the progression of Pro-Ject‘s Debut series ever since I owned the Debut Mk III 20 years ago. I must admit that it is now a completely different, higher-class unit. And at the same time, its price has remained affordable for most music lovers. Great job Pro-Ject!
The turntable with much higher performance than price
• My impression was a clean, strong, and direct reproduction.
• The Debut Carbon EVO offered great detail, space, and a good rocking atmosphere with plenty of bass.
• That’s where Pro-Ject showed that it is capable of retrieving many details out of the groove with finesse. Musicians were placed accurately in their space.
• It played all kinds of genres with ease offering loads of dynamics, quality timbre, and an emotional quality usually reserved by much more expensive decks.
• Big orchestral material played with authority with very accurate placement.
• The Debut Carbon EVO cements its position in the market by doing a great job. It became somewhat of a little king among the simple, affordable turntables whose performance is miles away from its price.[pdf]
A treat to look at and play
• The warm, detail-rich sound was easily among the best we heard while testing.
• It’s very easy to set up straight from the box and is already fitted with a cartridge, usually seen on more expensive turntables.
• The Pro-Ject’s understated good looks seal the deal. A minimalist masterpiece with no buttons at all on show.
• The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO gets top marks for its fantastic sound quality and stylish looks.[pdf]