Debut Carbon EVO
Time for Evolution. We have taken our most popular
turntable design and improved every aspect of it.
The result is an incredibly refined product.
Refined in every aspect.
Improved motor suspension
The Debut Carbon EVO features our new designed motor suspension. We have improved the old design to consistently reduce the vibrations better than before.
Damped & height adjustable
The new Debut Carbon Evo stands on three height adjustable damped aluminium feet to guarantee the perfect stand.
1,7 kg Platter
Heavy steel and TPE damped
We added a TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) ring on the inside of the platter. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
High precision motor control
The rocker switch on the bottom of the turntable allows you to change speeds with the push of only a single button.
Damped from the inside
Our previous metal platter was already heavier than anybody else‘s on the market, but metal platters inherently have a disadvantage: resonance.
Our TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) technology now helps to damp the resonance completely and also increases the weight to 1,7 kg. Because the TPE is mounted to the inside of the platter‘s rim, the moving energy will also create a flywheel effect. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
Clean look & new colours
You wont find any button, switch or printing on the plinth to ensure the luxurious aesthetics. The speed control switch has been moved to the bottom of the plinth, to keep the clean look the Debut is known for.
The Debut Carbon EVO is not only timeless by offering traditional high-gloss black, white and red finishes or our fabled real-wood walnut veneer. Completely new, unique and trend-setting are the beautifully realized satin signature finishes in 5 different variations.
From the record to your amplifier.
Ortofon 2M Red
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth. (*US Version comes with Sumiko Rainier)
8,6 inch carbon
The new Debut Carbon EVO features the proven 8,6‘‘ one piece Carbon tonearm design. The super stiff, but lightweight tonearm delivers an insane sound quality with a convincing sound stage.
Gold plated sockets
You can always change your RCA output cable and upgrade it with your preffered one. The gold plated connectors will always provide the best connection.
Semi-balanced RCA cable
To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp you will find a high-quality phono RCA cable in the box. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
Choose your finish.
|Nominal speeds||33/45 r.p.m.. *** 78 r.p.m. optional|
|Speed variance||33: ±0.50% 45: ±0.60%|
|Wow and flutter||33: ±0.17% 45: ±0.15%|
|Signal to noise||68dB|
|Effective tonearm mass||6g|
|Effective tonearm length||8.6 " ( 218.5 mm)|
|Power consumption||4 W/ 0 W in Stand-By|
|Outboard power supply||15V / 0 – 0.8 mA DC (set at 0.5 mA), universal power supply|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||415 x 118 x 320 mm, dust cover open 415 x 365 x 405mm|
|Dimensions packaging (W x H x D)||488 x 235 x 393 mm|
|Weight incl. packaging||8.0kg|
|MM-Cartridge Ortofon 2M Red:|
|Recommended load impedance||47kohms/amplifier connection – MM-input|
|Compliance/stylus type||20µm/mN – elliptical|
|Recommended tracking force||17.5mN|
To my ears, this is the one to beat
• What impressed me the most was the easy setup. The Debut Carbon EVO took me under ten minutes to set up, and everything felt dialed-in and ready to go almost immediately.
• Pro-Ject did a fantastic job of making the steps as simple and straight-forward as possible.
• The presentation was just right on the Debut Carbon EVO.
• I was impressed by the Debut Carbon EVO’s ability to sound natural and dead-center on the beat.
• The Debut Carbon EVO did an admirable job of keeping up, never slipping when the full band came back in.
• The funk factor was powerful through the Debut Carbon EVO. The deck did a great job of keeping that tight, steady beat in tune.
• Midrange, particularly the trombones, sounded tight, and sparkled.
• The soundstage had solid depth to it.
• The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO sounded terrific, and for a while there I was totally content with a turntable that costs a fifth of my main deck. Pro-Ject makes great-sounding gear at reasonable prices. The Debut Carbon EVO is no exception, and I can easily recommend it to anyone looking for an entry-level turntable that’ll perform for years to come.
• Somehow, the Austrians manage to put together a combination of cartridge, tonearm and drive that simply sounds breathtaking.
• From the first note, we are directly in the music.
• The instruments, the voice, everything seems so alive and lifelike. The bass, drums, saxophone, or piano remain perfectly positioned in the room.
• Given the price, it‘s almost too good to be true.[pdf]
• The shielded, directional phono cable included in the box appears far more substantial than the no-frills RCA interconnect usual at this price point.
• The Pro-Ject promises good sound while asking for very little in return: not much of your space, not much of your money, not much fuss. There‘s something kind of Zen about that.
• The single sounded dynamically expressive, propulsive, and juicy, just begging to be turned up.
• The EVO rendered it delightfully big.
• The EVO can produce a wide and tall soundstage.
• Ultimately, what this record player demonstrated – clearly – is the all-important distinction between sound and music.
• If there‘s a design parameter more crucial than a hi-fi component‘s ability to hold our attention and enable us to feel things, I don‘t know what it is. The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO does this consistently, emphatically, at an attainable price.[pdf]