The Beginning Of A New Pro-Ject Story
The A1 introduces our completely new Automat Line. We have always had one purpose since our establishment in 1991: bring HiFi Stereo music enjoyment to as many people as possible. We are very happy to expand our product catalog with a fully automatic entry-level turntable and create new opportunities for future vinyl beginners and enthusiasts. The A1 is handmade in Germany by a traditional manufacture with a wealth of experience in making automatic turntables. Even the individual components are 98% made and produced in Germany. Paired with Pro-Ject technology and ideas, we set new standards in automatic turntable design. Our new A1 is your best companion to comfortably enjoy your favourite vinyls.
The A1 has a fully automatic start/stop with the automatics being completely disengaged and decoupled during the entire runtime of the record. The fully mechanical automatics are engaged when you press start and the tonearm is automatically moved to the lead in groove of the record. Once playing, the automatics are completely taken out of the equation and do not affect the playback quality.
Detailed Response & Microdynamics
A little-known fact is that the OM series of cartridges have their developmental roots and legacy in ultra-light-mass tonearm designs. Pre-fitted and adjusted in our factory, it is the perfect partner for your A1.
Carbon fibre reinforced
The headshell is made of carbon fibre reinforced polymer which is super stable and rigid, while keeping the weight super low. The composite material results in excellent internal damping of resonances.
Heavy and avoids hollow spaces
The chassis avoids hollow spaces wherever possible, with just enough space to precision fit all the inner workings of the A1. As a result, the chassis’ heavy mass reduces unwanted resonances to a minimum.
Precision balanced aluminium
The damping ring on the inside adds weight and reduces resonances. In the last step the platter is turned and precision balanced to receive its fine edges and lowest wow and flutter deviations.
Connect it E
Semi-balanced RCA cable
To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp we use a high-quality phono RCA cable. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
Built-in switchable preamp
If you don't have a phono preamplifier in your current HiFi setup you will benefit of the A1s built-in one. If you want to use another phono preamp, you can easliy switch it off.
Ready for singles & LPs
No need to change the belt position. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button & listen to your favourite LPs aswell as singles.
Handmade in Germany
The A1 is fully handmade in Germany and looks back on decades of experience. Paired with Pro-Ject technology, it sets new standards in automatic turntable design.
|Speed:||33, 45 (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle:||belt drive, fully automatic|
|Platter:||damped aluminium platter|
|Wow & flutter:||33: +/-0,27%; 45: +/-0,25%|
|Speed drift:||33: +/-0,75%; 45: +/-0,65%|
|Signal to noise:||65dB|
|Tonearm:||ultra-light-mass 8,3” aluminium tonearm|
|Effective arm length:||211mm|
|Included accessories:||15V DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover, 7‘‘ single adapter, feltmat, phono cable|
|Dimensions:||430 x 130 x 365 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight:||5,6 kg net|
“For $500, the A1 is as solid a deal as it is a performer“
• In the day and age where manuals are seemingly out of vogue, certainly in print form, it’s nice that Pro-Ject took the time and effort to make their manual so helpful and thorough.
• For those looking for something quick and easy to use that sounds good and performs as well as you’d expect, the A1 is a damn fine option.
• If you’re new to the hobby and have concerns about setting up cartridges, antiskating, and counterweights, this is an ideal choice. You’ll have it up and running just as soon as you take it from the box.
• It has a smooth, steady feel to the music. It’s easy on the ears, it’s easy to enjoy and it's easy to live with.
• It plays well, sounds good, and has a build quality that surpasses lesser automatic turntables.
“It makes listening to records a real pleasure“
• Take the record player out of the packaging, put on the dust cover and you‘re done.
• Especially those who just want to listen to records casually will be pleased with such an easy installation.
• In combination with the Ortofon OM 10 cartridge, the ultra-light aluminum tonearm is said to perfectly reproduce transients and microdynamics.
• The interface of Pro-Ject‘s A1 fully automatic turntable is a dream. We put on a record, pull the lever to „start“ and that‘s it. The rest runs automatically.
• The rotation of the turntable is perfect. The platter and motor are perfectly matched to each other.
• If the speakers are turned off, we only hear the needle, which is currently picking up the sound. This is really remarkable.
• We are properly surprised when we activate the internal amplifier of the Pro-Ject A1 record player. The sound is finer and even more detailed than before. The mids as well as trebles stand out softly and yet true to life. The bass is powerful and full.
“Better than ‘budget’“
• Man-oh-man, it sounds swell right out of the box.
• Believe me: the stock set-up will satisfy any newbie... and quite a few jaded veterans.
• This is more vibrant and inviting.
• Stability and solidity were the other early impressions.
• The airiness made it easy to hear each voice amidst the harmonies.
• What surprised me was the weight the A1 was able to deliver.
• The A1 reproduced this track with precisely the refinement needed.
• I was rewarded with a lushness I simply did not anticipate.
• There was top-to-bottom coherence.
• It’s not just as a champion of automation for which the A1 deserves recognition: it also proves that a sub-£400 all-in-one package can truly satisfy.