Audiophile Entry Level Turntable
A New Generation of Turntable – Made in Europe
The stylish CNC-machined plinth of the T1 features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design. Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system. In the T1 the motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing – just like our Essential III turntables. The tonearm new tonearm has an effective length of 8.6”. This one-piece aluminium tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. The T1 comes with a pre-adjusted Ortofon OM 5E Moving Magnet cartridge and is ready to use right out of the box. Also super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables are included.
In the box:
- T1 with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge
- Directly soldered Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC‘d heavy full chassis: NO hollow spaces, NO plastic
- Ortofon OM5e moving magnet pickup
- 8,6“ highly precise and light aluminium tonearm
- Low friction, vibration free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated headshell
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Elegant dustcover with adjustable hinges
- Available in High-Gloss Black, Matt White and Walnut
- Hand-made in Europe
|Speed||33,45 (manual speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.7% 45: 0.6%|
|Wow & Flutter||33: 0.25% 45: 0.23%|
|Platter||Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat|
|Main bearing||Stainless steel/brass|
|Signal to noise||65dB|
|Effective arm length||218.5 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||8.0 g|
|Counterweight for mass||5 - 10g (pre-mounted)|
|Tracking force range||0 - 50mN (17.5 mN pre-adjusted)|
|Included accessories||dustcover, feltmat|
|Built-in Power Supply||230V 50Hz (US: 110V 60Hz)|
|Power consumption||3 Watt max|
|Dimensions||415x100x335 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||3.8 kg net|
EISA Best Product 2020 – 2021
Pro-Ject has been building turntables for around 30 years and has virtually reinvented the market of quality-oriented budget turntables with the first Pro-Ject 1 and the later debut models. The T1 may be considered the current interpretation of this line and audiophile analog package with top sound at a low price. Pro-Ject offers versions from the absolute basic to versions with integrated phono preamplifier or wireless Bluetooth transmission. Always on board are the sturdy chassis, a high-precision bearing for the glass platter, and the newly developed aluminum tonearm made from one piece. Thus, the T1 achieves an extremely balanced, detailed sound image, where Ortofon's ready-made pre-installed MM pickup OM5E underlines the plug-and-play approach.
“Another triumph of superb quality for the price. Bravo.”
• There’s a strong sense of balance, with a tight, well-rounded bass response without being too overpowering. Each instrument is easy to place within the soundstage and the delivery is confident and dynamic.
• I did get a sense of added focus and depth.
• The turntable definitely feels more solid to operate; the added weight really does make a great deal of difference.
avforums reviewed the T1
This is an invigorating listen that can get more out of your records than you might reasonably expect at this price point. This is a seriously good record player for under £300.
Original review: https://www.avforums.com/reviews/pro-ject-t1-turntable-review.17430
Pro-Ject makes a dream come true with the T1
The little plug-and-play turntable sounds very mature. Even listeners used to high-end gear will
appreciate how the Pro-Ject-Ortofon set tackles even the most difficult music passages.
The T1 deals with high levels masterfully.
…the T1 is fun straight out the box – great value, hassle-free, ready-to-use.
Stereo & Video CZ awarded the T1 it's "Best Buy" award for 2020-2021!
ONOFF Spain awarded the T1
Best Turntable 2020!
Like every year, ONOFF, the most veteran of spanish printed magazines, specialized in technology and also an EISA member, has conceded its traditional ONOFF Awards to the best product of the year 2020. Pro-Ject won the award for "Best Turntable" with its T1 model.
Audio reviews the T1
The Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB sets new standards: You cannot get to vinyl any quicker. For the T1 line Pro-Ject has done everything right.
Processing: very good
Sound Rating: 74 points
Price / Performance: Outstanding