Audiophile Plug & Play Turntable
Handmade in Europe
With a smart tonearm design we were able to combine pure sound quality with an easy setup. Our Plug & Play design with pre-adjusted tracking force and anti-skating for the included Ortofon OM cartridge has saved us costs and is extremely efficient in handling for our customers.
No compromise in sound: On contraire, the lightweight and low friction aluminium tonearm is optimized for the Ortofon cartridge and will bring out its maximum potential. Also the vibration absorbing feet isolate the turntable from the surface it is place on to deliver the best sound possible. With intelligent construction and without needless features we were able to keep the price attractive, despite this product being hand-made in Europe. This way we‘re able to offer our customers the sound quality they deserve!
In the box:
- Primary E with Ortofon OM cartridge
- Directly soldered gold-plated RCA Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Belt-drive with synchronous motor
- Ortofon quality OM cartridge
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Machined special composite fibre chassis
- Light-weight, high-precision aluminium tonearm
- Sapphire tonearm bearing
- Gold-plated contacts
- Stainless steel and bronze bushing
- Elegant dust cover with adjustable hinges
- Silicon belt with optimum damping
- Handmade in Europe
|Speed||33, 45 (manual speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.8% 45: 0.7%|
|Wow & Flutter||33: 0.29% 45: 0.27%|
|Platter||300 mm with felt mat|
|Main bearing||Stainless steel|
|Effective arm length||218.5 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||8.0 g|
|Counterweight for mass||3 - 5.5g (supplied)|
|Tracking force range||0 - 25mN (18mN pre-adjusted)|
|Included accessories||Dust cover|
|Power consumption||4.5 Watts max|
|Built-in Power Supply||230V 50Hz (US: 110V 60Hz)|
|Dimensions||420 x 112 x 330mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||4.0 kg net|
Hi-Fi Choice reviews the Primary E
What is most surprising about the Primary E, is its ability to deliver a genuinely satisfying musical performance at such a very attractive price and make it an ideal turntable for any new or returning fans to the format. It keeps poorer pressings listenable in a way that rivals often struggle to.
avforums reviews the Primary E
The result is that for the money, you get something that delivers on the premise of vinyl replay and a new starting price for respectable analogue. Pro-Ject’s twenty year mission to make record players affordable shows no sign of abating and the Primary E is certainly worthy of recommendation.
It sounds more expensive than it looks!
• The Pro-Ject Primary E is a remarkably capable turntable for the price.
• It has an engaging sound that easily presents a confident, dynamic playback performance.
• Considering the Primary E is Pro-Ject’s most affordable traditional square-style deck, the sonic performance is set exceptionally high.
• There is a sense of focus and momentum with the Primary E that could easily have me convinced I was listening to a much more expensive deck.