Pre Box RS
High-end stereo line tube-preamplifier
Ultimate high-end sound with 3 XLR & 3 RCA line inputs!
Four specific characteristics make this a true high-end preamplifier: 1. Fully balanced double mono design 2.class-A circuitry with no negative feedback 3. Tube output stage 4. Separate power supply as an upgrade option for further improved sound quality.
Pre Box RS offers 3-dimensional sound-staging, perfect micro dynamics and ultimate resolution combined with flexibility to use XLR and RCA sources. Perfectly combined with Pro-Ject Amp Box RS amplifiers, Pre Box RS will give pure sound experience, that the real audiophile is looking for. Pre Box RS utilises a luxury casing, that is available in silver or black finish.
- Fully balanced double mono design
- Ultra-linear and ultra low noise
- Pure Class A circuitry
- Input switching via relais
- Low ESR capacitors
- Blue Alps volume control
- 3 XLR & 3 RCA inputs
- 1 Pre–out XLR & 1 Record-out RCA
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
- IR remote control included
- Metal casing protects against vibration and interference
- Available in black and silver
|Tube assenbly||2x ECC88 (6922)|
|Frequency response||20 Hz - 50 kHz (+ 0dB/- 0,08 dB)|
|Signal to noise ratio||95 dBA|
|Line-level inputs||3 pairs XLR & 3 pairs RCA/phono sockets|
|Input impedance||150k Ohms|
|Gain||18 dB (XLR)|
|Outputs||1 Pre-Out (XLR), 1x Rec-Out (RCA)|
|Outboard power supply||18 V/1 A DC, suitable for your country's mains supply|
|Power consumption||typical 700 mA / < 1 Watt standby|
|Dimensions W x H x D||206 x 72 x 210 mm, with sockets|
|Weight||1950 g without power supply|
“Sonically a real charmer“
• Another feature of the Pro-Ject preamplifier is its elaborate dual-mono construction.
• It played through from the lower mids and upper bass to the top and charmed the reviewers with a “juicy” sound.
• The sound had a little extra drama, a very slight euphonic colouration and, a lot of atmosphere in the vocal range.
• Dancefloor classics sounded wonderfully plump.
• The Pro-Ject gently ironed out recording blemishes.
• Older recordings, despite their historical and complex sound, never sounded harsh.