Pre Box RS Digital
High-end pre-amplifier, DAC, Headphone amp
The most universal & future-proof high-end pre-amplifier, DAC, headphone amp!
Pre Box RS Digital combines all features of DAC Box RS plus a very linear pre-amplifier with both solid-state and tube output stages, that can be selected alternatively. As in all our top-class digital products, we use PCM1792 DAC chips from Texas Instruments, but here we use 2 pieces in a dual differential mode to achieve ultimate fidelity. As a selectable feature, a second DAC chip from Texas Instruments is on board, that can handle 32bit/384kHz. A high-class headphone output with selectable impedance for a perfect match to your headphones is also provided. Pre Box Digital RS offers 3-dimensional sound-staging, perfect micro dynamics and ultimate resolution combined with flexibility to use a wide range of digital and 1 analogue sound sources. Perfectly combined with Pro-Ject CD Box RS disc drive, Pre Box RS Digital will give outstanding sound experience, because of a I²S connection provided via RJ45, that is able to give jitter-free disc playback.
- Switchable DAC chips: 2x PCM1792 or PCM5102
- 9 digital inputs: i²S, AES/EBU, Toslink, S/PDIF coax
- Analogue: Pre-out XLR/RCA/headphone, RCA input
- Headphone amp with adaptable output impedance
- Fully balanced double mono design
- Output stage switchable between 6922 tube & solid state
- Ultra-linear and ultra low noise
- Pure Class A circuitry
- Blue Alps volume control
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
- IR remote control included
- Available in black and silver
|DAC||DAC1 – 2 x PCM1792 24bits/192k Hz;|
|DAC2 – PCM5102 32bits/384k Hz|
|Tubes||2 x 6922 EH|
|Digital inputs||1 x USB 2.0 Audio 32/384 + DoP-DSD 64/128|
|1 x RJ45 Sonic I2S for CD Box RS in Sonic Mode|
|2 x S/PDIF 24/192|
|4 x S/PDIF Optical 24/96|
|1 x AES/EBU balanced 24/192|
|Line-level input||1 RCA/phono sockets|
|Input impedance||33 kohms|
|Analog outputs||Pre-out (XLR & RCA), Headphone (6,35mm jack)|
|Headphone impedance||5 / 20 / 50 Ohms switchable|
|Analog input sensitivity||1.6V RMS for full headphone output|
|Frequency response||20 Hz - 50 kHz (+ 0dB/- 0.1 dB)|
|Signal to noise ratio||-100 dB (IEC-A)|
|THD||0.005% solid state output/ 0.25% tube output|
|Master clock output||16.9344 MHz for CD Box RS in Sonic Mode|
|Outboard power supply||20 V/3 A DC suitable for your country's mains supply|
|Power consumption||300 mA solid / 850 mA tube / 90 mA standby|
|Dimensions W x H x D||206 x 72 x 210 mm with sockets|
|Weight||1950 g without power supply|
Wow! was my reaction
• Things sound quite good with great detail and space.
• The overall sound of the singers was noticeably more spatial and believable.
• … sounding a bit softer, more musical.
• I was amazed that the RS Digital locked on and stayed locked from this signal source.
• Overall, I was quite impressed with the RS Digital. This device brings a lot of very useful features to the table along with quite good sound.