Power Box RS Uni 1-way
Universal linear power supply for 1 RS or RS2 component
Power Box RS Uni: Cleanest power for ultimate sound of RS and RS2 components!
It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed the linear power supplies Power Box RS Uni 1-way and 4-way for our reference standard (RS and RS2) line. It significantly enhances the sound quality of following components: CD Box RS, DAC Box RS, Head Box RS, Pre Box RS, Pre Box RS Digital, Stream Box RS, Pre Box RS2 Digital, DAC Box RS2, CD Box RS2 T, Phono Box RS2. Power Box RS Uni 1-way is for one of these components and Power Box RS Uni 4-way for four of these components.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component.
Standard connection cable (3-pol) is included in delivery. Special highend super shielded connection cable Connect it Power RS available separately.
- Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 µF)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection
- Available in silver or black
|AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector
|Output voltage / current
|20V / 3A max
|Output voltage ripple rejection
|better than 75 dB
|Dimensions W x H x D
|201 x 72 x 195 mm
An indispensable must
• The CD drive sounds a lot better with the Power Box RS than with the standard switched-mode power supply.
• The Power Box provided more color and a better, more vivid representation. With the larger power supply, voices could be heard more clearly and sounded free.
• The linear power supply made an enormous difference: Everything just sounded better, and afterward, I wouldn‘t have liked to switch back to the included power supply.
• Flutes sounded warmer, finer and sweeter. Violins spread more charm and smoothness. The stage opened up clearly. The performance was free and much more light.
• The Pro-Ject Power Box RS also revealed dynamics and rhythmic flow on a higher and inspiring level.
• The Pro-Ject Power Box RS Uni 1-way is not only a practical addition to the Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T, but it is also an indispensable must.
Yes. Power Box RS uni 1 or 4 way are quite sensitive on influence of power cable quality. Try to connect it with ordinary cable and then check it with Connect It Power cable. On high resolution systems with CD Box RS/RS2 T and Pre Box RS Digital/RS2 Digital, the better cable offers better separation of instruments and better localization.