Stereo integrated amplifier with 9 input options
MaiA S2: Compact stereo amplifier with timeless design & future-proof technology!
Our original MaiA was a compact integrated amplifier with ultimate input flexiblity, that avoids compromising the sound quality. It is offering all digital and analogue input options you can dream of combined with an amplifier stage, that delivers outstanding tube-like sound (modified Flying Mole modules) and a high-class 24bit/192kHz D/A converter stage. Now it is time to introduce our MaiA into our S2 product line with modern looks, a new all-aluminium case and improved board layout. The astonishing feature-set remains the same as before!
Despite its small size, 9 source devices can be connected simultaneously:
- High-quality phono MM + high output MC preamp
- 3 analogue line level inputs (2x RCA, 1x 3,5mm jack)
- XMOS asynchronous USB 24bit/192kHz input for computer audio
- Digital coax input (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- 2 Toslink inputs (up to 24bit/96kHz)
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming (aptX capable) input with dedicated antenna
The improved case and board layout result in better shielding of electromagnetical interference further improving the already excellent audio performance: No matter which input you choose, a real musical sound with lifelike characteristics is guaranteed.
This stylish amplifier offers low noise and solid output power for audiophile playback in smaller rooms around 25m, when partnered with good-quality speakers from € 200,00 to € 1000,00. Additionally a subwoofer or another power amplifier can be connected. A headphone 6,3mm connection is also provided. The included remote control makes usage a piece of a cake.
Compatible upgrade power supply: Power Box S2
- 2x38 watts @ 4 ohms
- Dual mono design principle
- Inputs: 3x stereo line, 1x phono (RCA), 1x bluetooth (aptX), 2x digital optical, 1x digitial coax, 1x USB
- XMOS asynchronous USB
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4344 24bit/192kHz Multi-bit Delta Sigma
- 4th generation Bluetooth with aptX capability & antenna
- Phono MM + high output MC input
- Volume control with motor driven potentiometer
- Headphone output
- Variable output for subwoofer or second zone amp
- IR remote included
- Improved all-aluminium case and board layout improve electromagnetical interference
- New S2 design in high-quality aluminum case, available in silver or black
|Power output||2x 25W / 38W at 8 / 4 ohms|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||> 90dB (IEC -D)|
|Frequency response||20Hz - 20kHz (+0dB, -0,5dB) (@8 ohm)|
|Analogue inputs||2 pair RCA + 1 x 3,5mm line, 1 phono MM + high output MC (RCA)|
|Digital inputs||USB, RCA coax, 2 x Toslink, Bluetooth (aptX)|
|Speaker connectors||4mm Ø banana plugs, spades connectors or naked wire|
|Headphone output||6,3mm jack|
|Variable output||3,5mm jack|
|Power supply||20V/3A DC;100 - 240V, 50/60Hz|
|Standby Power consumption||< 0,5 watts|
|Dimensions W x H x D||206 x 38 x 165 (176mm with sockets)|
|Weight||925g without power supply|
Tarun awards the MaiA S2 a „Recommended“!
I was quite impressed with the overall sound…
The MaiA S2 has very good instrument separation and leading edges of notes are very well defined.
…a cracking amplifier at this price point.
In terms of high frequencies again, I‘d have to give it to the MaiA S2.
…tonality and refinement are way above what you‘d expect from an amplifier at this price point.
There‘s no doubt that you could build a very nice system around this amplifier…[pdf]