Essential III Phono
The Audiophile Entry-level Turntable
Integrating convenience with a built-in phono stage
Limited availability – ask your dealer!
With the Essential III Phono you can simply switch between line and phono output, should you decide afterwards to invest in a higher quality phono preamplifier. With its line level output, Essential III Phono can be easily integrated into any HiFi setup.
Essential III Phono takes all advantages of the regular version Essential III and adds a line level output! Essential III offers a variety of enhancements compared to its successful predecessor, such as a diamond-cut aluminum drive pulley, a resonance-optimized MDF main platter and MDF chassis. The refined, high-precision platter bearing has significantly lower tolerances than Essential II. Essential III is equipped with an 8,6” aluminium tonearm with the high-quality pickup OM10 by the phonographic cartridge pioneer Ortofon. The included Phono RCA cable, Connect it E, is a high-quality semi-balanced interconnect cable with gold-plated RCA connectors that guarantees the perfect connection. Also the special decoupling feet isolate the turntable from the surface it is place on to deliver the best sound possible.
In the box:
- Essential III Phono with Ortofon OM 10 cartridge
- Connect it E Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Belt drive with synchronous motor and silicone belt
- Integrated MM phono stage
- Diamond cut aluminium drive pulley
- Chassis & platter made of resonance in-sensitive MDF
- Integrated DC-powered motor control minimizes motor vibration and guarantees speed stability
- Low tolerance platter bearing with strainless steel spindle
- 8,6” aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Ortofon OM10 cartridge pre-mounted
- High-quality semi-balanced Connect it E phono interconnect with gold-plated RCA connectors included
- Special decoupling feet
- Dust cover included
- High-gloss colour options: black, red, white
|Speed||33, 45 (manual speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.70% 45: 0.60%|
|Wow & flutter||33: 0.21% 45: 0.19%|
|Platter||300 mm MDF & felt mat (0,8kg)|
|Main platter bearing spindle||Stainless steel|
|Effective tonearm length||218.5 mm|
|Effective tonearmmass||8.0 g|
|Counterweight for masses||3 - 5.5 g|
|Tracking force range||0 - 25mn (recommended OM10 18mn)|
|Outputs||RCA Line, RCA Phono|
|Included accessories||Power supply, dust cover|
|Power consumption||4.5 Watt max|
|Dimensions (lid closed)||415 x 112 x 335mm (WxHxD)|
|Dimensions (lid open, 90°)||415 x 365 x 390mm (WxHxD)|
|Dimensions (without lid)||415 x 95 x 330mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||5.0 kg net|
Smartly styled over-performer
• One big advantage the Essential III Phono has, however, is excellent feet. These keep the playing surface isolated from the outside world.
• In sound quality terms, the Essential III Phono is the most consistent performer here. It has enough bounce and energy to engage you and draw you in. Vocals sound rich, detailed, and lifelike and, there’s respectable bass energy too.
• The Pro-Ject has excellent pitch stability.
• It absolutely nails the timing and drive of the music. It places vocals beautifully into the overall mix – they sound clear but never detached from the song as a whole.
• A very convincing display of what vinyl is capable of.