Debut Carbon RecordMaster HiRes
Audiophile turntable for HiRes recording in DSD quality
USB & S/PDIF recording, Phono stage & Acrylic platter
The Debut Carbon RecordMaster HiRes brings all the benefits of the Debut Carbon Esprit SB (DC) but adds USB & S/PDIF record interface with phono stage.
The most obvious improvement is the inclusion of a Carbon tube for the tonearm, which increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance. Together with other improvements like an increase in platter size and weight to realize even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. The approved belt drive design offers a low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE-damping) and ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like the Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability without unwanted vibration. The acrylic platter gives the sound a natural liveliness, free from discoloration and resonance. There is no longer a need for a felt mat between the record and the platter. The included Phono RCA cable, Connect it E, is a high-quality semi-balanced interconnect cable with gold-plated RCA connectors that guarantees the perfect connection. The internal high class A/D converter supports native conversion from analogue to DSD 11.2 MHz digital. Using a PC application (Vinyl Studio Lite, supplied on CD) you are able to rip, edit and store tracks from your vinyl records.
Breathe new life into analogue masterpieces with DSD. Simply connect your Debut Carbon RecordMaster HiRes turntable to your PC via USB and rip your precious vinyl collection into High-Resolution Audio.
In the box:
- Debut Carbon RecordMaster HiRes with Ortofon 2M red
- Power supply
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Precision belt drive with decoupled synchronous motor
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm (78) speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- 8.6‘‘ carbon tonearm
- Heavy non-resonant acrylic platter
- Built in MM phono preamplifier with line output and USB out for audio recording in PCM 24bit/192kHz or DSD256 11.2MHz
- Simultaneously connection with amplifier & PC/Mac
- 2M Red moving-magnet cartridge fitted
- Available in 3 high-gloss finishes (piano, red or white) and walnut matt
- Dustcover included
|Speed||33, 45 / 78 (electronic/manual speed change)|
|Drive principle||belt drive|
|Platter||300mm acrylic platter|
|Mains bearing||stainless-steel axle in a bronze bearing housing|
|Wow & flutter||33: ±0.19% 45: ±0.17%|
|Speed drift||33: ±0.6% 45: ±0.7%|
|Effective arm length||218.5 mm|
|Tracking force||10 - 30mN|
|A/D Converter||Asahi Kasai Microdevices, AK5552VN|
|power consumption||7.4 watt max / < 0.5 watt standby|
|Sampling frequency||up to 192kHz|
|Output||Line (RCA), S/PDIF optical & USB-B (USB 2.0)|
|Input||Line In (RCA)|
|Included accessories||15 volts DC power supply, dust cover|
|Power connection||110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||415 x 118 x 320mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||4.9 kg net|
Did it‘s job brilliantly
• The Pro-Ject has a neat feature up its sleeve: its A/D converter has a manual level control.
• Background noise was barely audible.
• The software included was a revelation.
• Every minute with this player is well invested.[pdf]
long live vinyl reviews the Debut Carbon Recordmaster
Verdict: A top-quality, easy to use and fully featured turntable. To allow you to hear the highest capable ripped resolutions, such a quality source is a necessity; and the sonic results are certainly worth it.