DAC Box DS2 ultra
High end Digital/Analogue Converter with DSD & USB 2.0
DAC Box DS2 ultra – state-of-the-art audio converter!
The advanced DAC Box DS2 ultra is an universal and very flexible D/A converter of the highest class. It offers full DSD256 support and upsampling of all input signals to 768kHz from USB, coaxial and optical inputs. This realizes high-resolution sound playback with a rich sound field and bass representation with less distortion.
Due to its class-leading audio performance DAC Box DS2 ultra is an ultimate high end bargain!
- Top grade AK4490 D/A chip (32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256)
- 6 Inputs: 1x USB, 3x optical (TOSlink®), 2x coax (S/PDIF)
- Up to 32bit/768kHz asynchronous USB (XMOS technology)
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Audio Class 2 (USB 2.0 High Speed) driver for Windows included
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 3 selectable sound modes
- High-end ultra low phase oscillator with superior noise rejection
- RCA line level solid-state analogue output stage
- Ultra linear & ultra low noise circuitry
- Separate power supplies for every stage with advanced filter technology
- Upgradeable with optional linear power supply
- Available in silver or black with or without side panels in Eucalyptus, Rosenut or Walnut
|D/A-converter||AK4490 32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256|
|Sampling rate converter||AK4137EQ upsampling to 768kHz|
|Samplingrates||USB: up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD256 (DoP)|
|Coaxial: up to 24bit/192kHz|
|Optical: up to 24bit/192kHz|
|DSD-support||DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256|
|Filter settings||5 different selectable on front|
|Digital inputs||USB B|
|3 x Optical (TOSlink®)|
|2 x Coaxial (S/PDIF)|
|Frequency response||20Hz - 50kHz (+0/-1dB)|
|Analogue output||RCA/Cinch (Line)|
|Output voltage||2.2 Veff (switchable +6 dB gain gives 4.4 Veff )|
|Digital output||Optical (TOSlink®)|
|Crosstalk||-117 dB (10kHz@0dB)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||113 dB (20Hz - 20kHz)|
|Power consumption||<1 Watt standby, 600mA max|
|Power supply||18V/1000mA DC (included)|
|Dimensions W x H x D||206 x 71 x 220 mm (Alu), incl. sockets|
|240 x 72 x 220 mm (Wood), incl. sockets|
|Weight||1410 g (Alu), without power supply|
|1880 g (Wood), without power supply|
The device is fully compatible with Windows 10. After an update from Windows 7/8/8.1 it might be necessary to reinstall the driver.
You do not need a driver. The driver is already integrated in the operating system.
Turn off your Computer and press at start alt+cmd+p+r until another starting sound appears. With this command the USB bus will be reset and the USB Box will be recognized new.
There are many forum reports about that issue. It is a widely spread error affecting a wide array of USB DACs, unfortunately there is no current fix for this problem, since it lies in the Core Audio of Apple's OSX. We advice not to use our USB DACs with OSX El Capitan.
Please uprade the firmware of your unit to minimum version 1.04 (in Downloads). After that your DAC Box DS2 ultra should work normal.
The DFU depends on our driver. Please remove the DFU and then install the driver before reinstalling the DFU.