Pro-Ject Phono Box USBMM/MC Phono preamp with line & USB outputs
• Preamplifier for MM or MC with switch on rear panel
• NEW! „green“ DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
• Precise RIAA equalisation
• High quality A/D conversion with USB out to PC/Mac
• Compatible with Windows®, MacOS® & Linux
• SMD technology for shortest signal paths
• Output stage with ultra-low impedance
• Gold-plated RCA sockets
• DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
• Available in black and silver
Phono Box USB: Top specialist for listening & recording of vinyl records!
Phono Box USB is an ideal phono preamplifier for both your hifi system and vinyl recording to PC or Mac. MM and MC cartridges will be welcome. The analogue output of Phono Box USB can easily be connected to a line-input (AUX,...) of your hifi and digitally via USB to your computer. Both outputs can be used simultaneously. Any professional recording software will give best results on Windows and Mac computer systems.
Retail price: € 139,00
FAQ - Hints for using Phono Box USB
Q: Does a driver exist for the Phono Box USB?
A: You do not need a driver for Windows-, Mac OSX or Linux-Systems.
The driver is already integrated in the operating system.
Q: Phono Box USB will not be recognized by Mac OSX and is not available under Audio. What can I do?
A: Turn off your Computer and press at start alt+cmd+p+r until another starting sound appears. With this command the USB bus will be reset and the USB Box will be recognized new.
Q: Why is there no sound coming from my Apple computer when I am using the Phono Box USB as a record source while the internal soundcard or the S/PDIF connection of the Apple computer is configured as playback source.
A: For playback while recording at the Apple computer, the additional tool "LineIn" is necessary since OS X 10.
"LineIn" is for free download available here: www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/