Debut Carbon EVO
Time for Evolution. We have taken our most popular
turntable design and improved every aspect of it.
The result is an incredibly refined product.
Refined in every aspect.
Improved motor suspension
The Debut Carbon EVO features our new designed motor suspension. We have improved the old design to consistently reduce the vibrations better than before.
Damped & height adjustable
The new Debut Carbon Evo stands on three height adjustable damped aluminium feet to guarantee the perfect stand.
1,7 kg Platter
Heavy steel and TPE damped
We added a TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) ring on the inside of the platter. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
High precision motor control
The rocker switch on the bottom of the turntable allows you to change speeds with the push of only a single button.
Damped from the inside
Our previous metal platter was already heavier than anybody else‘s on the market, but metal platters inherently have a disadvantage: resonance.
Our TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) technology now helps to damp the resonance completely and also increases the weight to 1,7 kg. Because the TPE is mounted to the inside of the platter‘s rim, the moving energy will also create a flywheel effect. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter.
Clean look & new colours
You wont find any button, switch or printing on the plinth to ensure the luxurious aesthetics. The speed control switch has been moved to the bottom of the plinth, to keep the clean look the Debut is known for.
The Debut Carbon EVO is not only timeless by offering traditional high-gloss black, white and red finishes or our fabled real-wood walnut veneer. Completely new, unique and trend-setting are the beautifully realized satin signature finishes in 5 different variations.
From the record to your amplifier.
Ortofon 2M Red
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth. (*US Version comes with Sumiko Rainier)
8,6 inch carbon
The new Debut Carbon EVO features the proven 8,6‘‘ one piece Carbon tonearm design. The super stiff, but lightweight tonearm delivers an insane sound quality with a convincing sound stage.
Gold plated sockets
You can always change your RCA output cable and upgrade it with your preffered one. The gold plated connectors will always provide the best connection.
Semi-balanced RCA cable
To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp you will find a high-quality phono RCA cable in the box. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
Choose your finish.
|Nominal speeds||33/45 r.p.m.. *** 78 r.p.m. optional|
|Speed variance||33: ±0.50% 45: ±0.60%|
|Wow and flutter||33: ±0.17% 45: ±0.15%|
|Signal to noise||68dB|
|Effective tonearm mass||6g|
|Effective tonearm length||8.6 " ( 218.5 mm)|
|Power consumption||4 W/ 0 W in Stand-By|
|Outboard power supply||15V / 0 – 0.8 mA DC (set at 0.5 mA), universal power supply|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||415 x 118 x 320 mm, dust cover open 415 x 365 x 405mm|
|Dimensions packaging (W x H x D)||488 x 235 x 393 mm|
|Weight incl. packaging||8.0kg|
|MM-Cartridge Ortofon 2M Red:|
|Recommended load impedance||47kohms/amplifier connection – MM-input|
|Compliance/stylus type||20µm/mN – elliptical|
|Recommended tracking force||17.5mN|
“It’s everything we love about the Debut, but just a little more grown-up”
• For a turntable in the under $500 (£450) bracket, it’s an impressive offering that stands up to anything else on the market.
“Delighted with the performance out of the box“
• It‘s hard to argue that the trio looks fantastic.
• The Carbon Evo is superbly made, isolated from the outside world in a way that most affordable turntables simply aren’t and it’s a breeze to setup.
• The Maia is sturdy and attractive – superbly made.
• The Carbon Evo delivers – vinyl here is a Hi-Fi one.
• It effortlessly fills my listening space
• The Maia is a potent, rhythmically assured and usefully spacious-sounding amp that does a very neat trick of balancing excitement and energy.
• I watched a week of TV through the Pro-Ject and I enjoyed all of it.
• The Speaker Box 5 S2 is an unreasonably good speaker. There’s a fundamental ‘rightness’ to the way it makes music
• What the Pro-Ject System does so well is give you the integration, flexibility, and convenience of an all-in-one but in a manner that is entirely Pro-Ject and tremendously appealing as a result.
• This is more great affordable Hi-Fi but done in a way that is brilliantly user-friendly. It’s hard to see the result as anything other than a Best Buy.
“The New Reference”
• We might seem too enthusiastic about a player in this price range, but the truth is that for the asking price, the Debut Carbon EVO does it all so well that it is hard not to admire the merit of the Austrian company.
• Pro-Ject includes a well-written manual and also a well-designed guide for the initial setup, something that we rarely find at this price point.
• The Carbon EVO exudes respectable austerity. There is great pleasure in interacting with it.
• The Carbon EVO proved to be a very quiet source, which offers a very dark background, that highlights the dynamic profile of a quality album, with good contrast and highly detailed reproduction.
• The system has well-controlled, articulate, and detailed bass, without overemphasis.Rhythm sections were performed with a good sense of timing, good speed, and volume, avoiding any exaggeration.
• The mids of the Carbon EVO sounded very clear,
• The Carbon EVO had a good range, a sense of transparency and speed while at the same time being soft and relaxed, with a slightly dark character, which rules out any possibility of roughness.
• This is a display of strength: with its construction quality and sonic characteristics, it‘s the new reference in this price category. With specs like these, it is highly recommended!